The 5 'okays' in decision making

Prophetic words for this time and season:


"For many of you, this is the time of making important decisions that will determine how your next 8-10 years are going to be! Some of you are looking for a way out of the dead-end road whilst some of you are indecisive because opportunities are abound. On the other hand, some of you are in a critical situation where 'If you miss this chance, you miss it forever'! Learn the art of 'switching off your mind' in order to 'switch on your spirit'. Cut off worldly thoughts, pray in the spirit and you will start hearing the Lord speaking to you."


If you are one of the many people who are at the crossroads now, stop busy checking with others or Googling for the decisions you are supposed to make for yourself. Or else, you will be even more confused and indecisive.


Throughout my life as a believer, I always have the checklist of '5 okays' before I make any important decision. I was not the smartest girl in school and I don't possess a very high IQ, but people around me always asked me this, "How did you make decisions that it worked so well for you even years down the road?" And I told them I have the checklist of '5 okays' in my life. And I want to share it with you here :)


First 'Okay': "Ok, I will wait on You first, Lord!"


Psalm 40:1-3 (NKJV)

I waited patiently for the Lord; And He inclined to me, And heard my cry. He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, Out of the miry clay, And set my feet upon a rock, And established my steps. He has put a new song in my mouth - Praise to our God; Many will see it and fear, And will trust in the Lord.


You might ask me, "How to wait on the Lord?"


Find some time with the Lord in quietness. Pray in the spirit to sensitize your inner-man. Worship Him and talk to Him. God’s Spirit is in you. He will tell you things concerning your future to guide you.


Why is it important to wait on the Lord?


Some would say, "Do I need to wait indefinitely for the Lord even when I am desperately required to make decision and take action?"


The answer is 'Yes'! Why? Because:


First, God knows the right timing for you to make any move. He is never late.


And Second, He knows the future better than anyone. And He has the most solid plan for you.


Second 'Okay': "Ok, I admit You know better, Lord!"


Matthew 7:24-27 (NKJV)

"Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock. But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall."


You might be one of those who are thinking hard what to invest and where to 'park' your money right now. Or you are considering if you are to continue with a career under payroll or to go into business. Or you are checking out which property to buy. Or you are contemplating where is the new place you are to move to, etc.


It's never nice to act hastily and later on realise that it’s a wrong move, and you have to pay a great price for it.


Through my many years of walking with the Lord, I have learned that the Lord sees and knows the future better than me, and He knows the future better than many people who are smarter than me, whether it is 5 years down the road, 10 years, 20 years...


You know, He sees the future better because He is the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End. So, just be humble before the Lord.


Let Him be the One who lead you and guide you. You will never regret if you stick to what He says.


The third 'Okay': "Ok, I need You to be with me, Lord!"


Exodus 33:15-17 (NKJV)

Then he said to Him, "If Your Presence does not go with us, do not bring us up from here. For how then will it be known that Your people and I have found grace in Your sight, except You go with us? So we shall be separate, Your people and I, from all the people who are upon the face of the earth." 

So the Lord said to Moses, "I will also do this thing that you have spoken; for you have found grace in My sight, and I know you by name."


Now, let's learn from Moses. Moses knew well that he would fail if God was not with him and his people. Basically, he was telling God, 'Only when You are with us, everything will go smoothly. People will see the difference. They will see the grace and blessings in our lives that they have been striving for. Then they will know that You are truly with us."


You know we are truly blessed that we are in the New Covenant where we are the temple of the Lord and the Holy Spirit lives in us.


He is with us wherever we go and in everything we do. So, there is no excuse to say that God is far away, and that God is not here with you. Because He is always with you. He is with you, and He is in you!


Whenever you feel that God is far, that is when your mind has been wandering in other places except spending time with Him. So, just cut off all the worldly stuff for a while, quiet before the Lord, and pray in the spirit to sensitize your inner-man. Then, you will feel Him close to you again.


Now, there is also another lesson to learn from here. If you have sensed and realized that the grace for doing the current ministry, or the current business, or the current work is depleting, check with the Lord if you are to do things in a new way, or He is moving you into doing new things in the near future.


If it is so, just surrender everything to the Lord's hand and flow with Him and His timing for you.


I'm telling you, walking with Lord and living with His guidance is never boring, but it's always full of excitement and new joy.


The fourth 'Okay': "Ok, I will do what You say, Lord!"


John 5:19-20 (NKJV)

Then Jesus answered and said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner. For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself does; and He will show Him greater works than these, that you may marvel."


What would Jesus do before He took any action? He looked to His Father God. What His Father God said He should do, He did it!


Following Jesus as the example, you look to Your Father God for His guidance and instructions. You will definitely see His grace, anointing, and great results, as you by faith do what He specifically tells you to do.


The fifth 'Okay': "Ok, I want a continuously renewed mind, Lord!"


Romans 12:2 (NKJV)

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.


You know, in your walk with God, you have to keep aligning, and keep being renewed in your mind, so that you'll have the mind of Christ.


Even as you started the first step correctly, you have to keep aligning your mind with the mind of God.


What used to be new can be outdated the next moment. If you are not careful with the news and information that you hear every day, your mind can be conformed and limited by the worldly way again. So, it is important to have your mind renewed in the Lord again and again.


For every new decision you make, and every new step you take, remember to check your 5 'Okays'. If you practice the habit of checking the 5 'Okays', for sure, you will see the grace, favor and blessings of the Lord in every venture you take. 


Let me pray for you right now.


"Father God, I pray for Your beloved right now. I pray that You impart the faith, peace and assurance that they need to make decision with You. Let the habit of checking the 5 'Okays' be inculcated in their lives, so that they learn to walk closely with You in every new step they take. Indeed, Your grace, favor and blessings will always follow after those who love You. In the name of Jesus. Amen."


So, that's all for today. Remember your 5 'Okays' before making any important decision. If you need someone to pray for you, or to keep you in prayer, write to us. We are here for you, no matter where you are.


God bless you and have a nice day!


Click here for the full teaching in TiC YouTube Channel

Find freedom and safety in every stage of your life!

I want to share with you a night vision that I've received from the Lord recently, and here it goes:  I saw a building with different fl...